and Training Center
and Refund Policy
Withdrawal from the school may have both academic and financial consequences. The student is encouraged to fully understand the school's policies before he or she decides to withdraw and is expected to follow established procedures.
School Tuition Refund
AHTC shall, when a student gives written notice of cancellation, provide a refund in the amount at least the following:
When notice of cancellation is given before midnight of the fifth business day after the date of enrollment but prior to the first day of class, all application registration fees, tuition, and any charges shall be refunded to the students.
When notice of cancellation is given after midnight of the fifth business day following acceptance but prior to the close of business on the application registration fee which may retain no more than the application fee which may not exceed $150.00 or 50% of the cost of tuition, which is less.
1. AHTC shall provide a refund in some specified amount under the following conditions:
a. When notice of cancellation is given after the student’s completion of the first day of class attendance, but prior to the student’s completion of 5% of the course of instruction, AHTC, may retain the application registration fee, an amount not to exceed 10% of the tuition and other instructional charges or $300.00, whichever is less and subject to the limitations of the cost of any books or materials which have been provided by AHTC.
a. When a student has completed in excess of 5% of the course of instruction, AHTC may retain the application registration fee but shall refund a part of the tuition and other instructional charges.
a. When notice of cancellation is given after the student’s completion of the first day of class attendance, but prior to the student’s completion of 5% of the course of instruction, AHTC may retain the application registration fee, an amount not to exceed 10% of the tuition and other instructional charges of $300, whichever is
less and subject to the limitations of the cost of any books or materials which have been provided by AHTC;
a. When a student has completed in excess of 5% of the course of instruction AHTC may retain the application registration fee but shall refund a part of the tuition
and other instructional charges.
After 5% of the course of instruction; but not within the first 4 weeks of classes AHTC shall refund at least 80% of the tuition.
During the first 25% of the course, AHTC shall refund at least 55% of the tuition;
During the second 25% of the course AHTC shall refund at least 30% of the tuition.
When the student has completed in excess of 60% of the instruction, AHTC may retain the application/registration fee and the entire tuition and other charges.
The refund policy for short courses up to 30 clock hours shall refund pro rata up to 60% completion of the courses.
A student, who on personal initiative and without solicitation enrolls, starts, and completes a course of instruction before midnight of the fifth business day after the enrollment agreement is signed, is not subject to the cancellation provisions of this Section.
A student not accepted AHTC shall receive a refund of all tuition and fees paid within 30 calendar days after the determination of no-acceptance is made.
Application-registration fees shall be chargeable at initial enrollment and shall not exceed $150.00 or 50% of the cost of tuition, whichever is less.
Deposits or down payments shall become part of the tuition.
AHTC shall mail a written acknowledgement of the student’s cancellation or written withdrawal to the student within 15 calendar days of the postmark date of notification. Such will not be necessary if a refund has been mailed to the student within 15 calendar days.
All student refunds shall be made by AHTC within 30 calendar days from the date of the receipt of the student’s cancellation.
A student may give notice of cancellation to AHTC in writing. The unexplained absence of a student from AHTC for more than 15 school days shall constitute constructive notice of cancellation; the date shall be the last day of attendance.
A school shall refund all monies paid to it under any of the following circumstances:
a. The school did not provide the prospective student a copy of the valid enrollment agreement and a current catalog bulletin.
b. The school cancels or discontinues the course of instruction in which the student has enrolled, or the school fails to conduct classes on days or time scheduled detrimentally affecting the student.
When the student cancels classes or withdraws from the school, he/she may be eligible for a fee refund based on the following timetable. The table shows calculation of charges based on a traditional 15-week term. If the length of the academic term is either longer or shorter than the traditional 15-week term, adjust the time period, percentage and calculations accordingly.
Refund Schedule Table Below:
1. I hereby acknowledge receipt of the school’s catalog which contains information describing programs offered and equipment or supplies provied. The school catalog is included as part of this enrollment agreement and I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this catalog.
Student’s initial …………………..
2. I have carefully read and received an exact copy of this agreement.
Student’s initial …………………..
3. I understand that the school may terminate my enrollment if I fail to comply with attendance, academic and financial requirements or if I fail to abide by established standards of conduct as outlined in the school catalog. While enrolled in the school, I understand that I must maintain satisfactory academic progress as described in the school catalog and that my financial obligation to the school must be paid in full before a certificate or credential may be awarded.
Student’s initial ……………….
4. I hereby acknowledge that the school had made available to me all required disclosure information listed under the Consumer Information Section of this Enrollment Agreement.
5. I understand that the school does not guarantee transferability of credit and that in most cases, credits or coursework are not likely to transfer to another institution. In case where transferability is guaranteed, (School Name) must provide me copies of transfer agreement that names the exact institution(s) and includes agreement details and limitations.
6. I understand that the school does not guarantee job placement to graduates upon program completion.
Student’s initial ………………….
I understand that complaints which cannot be resolved by direct negotiations with the school in accordance with its written grievance policy may be filed with the Illinois Board of Higher Education at this address:
1 North Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333,
Springfield, IL 62701-1377.
Student’s initial ……………………..
THE STUDENT ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIVING A COPY OF THIS COMPLETE AGREEMENT, THE SCHOOL CATALOG AND WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF ACCEPTANCE PRIOR TO SIGNING THIS CONTRACT. THE STUDENT, BY SIGNING THIS CONTRACT, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE HAS READ IT, UNDERSTANDS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND AGREES TO THOSE CONDITIONS OUTLINED IN THIS CONTRACT. IT IS FURTHER UNDERSTOOD THAT THIS AGREEMENT SUPERSEDES ALL PRIOR OR CONTEMPORANEOUS VERBAL OR WRITTEN AGREEMENTS AND MAY NOT BE MODIFIED WITHOUT WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF THE STUDENT AND THE SCHOOL OFFICIAL. THE STUDENT AND THE SCHOOL WILL EACH RETAIN A COPY OF THIS SIGNED AGREEMENT.
Student’s Signature: Managing Director’s Signature:
Date ______________ Date ___________________________